Gadget King likes this gadget and isn’t above begging for a sample. (Dear Mokai, please send us a product sample for a detailed review, pleeeeaaase.) Enough of the shameless begging.
The folks at Mokai have created a kayak that goes from good old fashioned human power to a jet-propelled kayak in less than one minute. This jet powered beast is powered by a 6hp Honda (= reliable) motor coupled to a jet propulsion system. The Mokai also has a large storage area for your gadgets, a top speed of 15mph, and a weight capacity of 360 lbs (one fat peep welcome, or two skinny peeps). Yours for about $3,450.
See more pictures, video, and details after the break.
MOKAI� – simplicity and performance.
Our unique combination hull is powered by a HONDA 4 stroke engine coupled to our jet propulsion system. This patented design results in a removable power train that requires less than one minute to assemble or disassemble, without tools. The MOKAI can be transported on top of your vehicle, eliminating the need for a trailer.
What other watercraft offers all these benefits:
- Easy to operate
- Low running costs
- Stable, low center of gravity
- Versatile, equally suited for hunting, fishing or exploring
- Environmentally friendly HONDA 4 stroke engine
- Large storage area for all-day adventures
- BOW to STERN” warranty – parts & workmanship for 2 years
- Convenient service: company response within 24 hours
- No trailer required
- Requires minimal storage space when not in use
The MOKAI is currently offered in Olive Green and Yellow for $3,450 plus shipping. Shipped via common carrier, all you need to do is add oil, gasoline and comply with your state’s rules and regulations for registering watercraft to launch and enjoy!
- Weather cover
- Engine storage/carry bag
- Survival Pack with whistle, mirror and distress signalers
- (2) 12′ Tie down straps
- USCG approved fire extinguisher
- Bearing grease with custom applicator gun
- Spray Skirt
- Anchor/Splash Guard
- Length: 11 feet, 8 inches
- Width: 3 feet at widest point
- Hull: Rotomolded Polyethylene Monocoque Design
- Color: Olive Green and Yellow
- Seating Capacity: 1 + 1
- Engine: Removable 4 stroke HONDA, 6HP
- Cooling: Mechanically air cooled with Ram assist
- Jet Pump: Axial Flow, in house proprietary design
- Draw: 4″
- Dry Weight (without engine): 100 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 360 lbs.
- Top Speed: 15 mph (Avg speed with 220 pound occupant 10-13 mph)
- Fuel Capacity: 3 gallons
- Fuel Efficiency: 8 hours of use on 3 gallons of fuel
MOKAI is built to perform and built to last. Several outside testing facilities assisted in the design and engineering of Mokai. Half scale Hydrodynamic (water tunnel) testing was performed to verify the hull design and drag efficiencies. A Finite Element Analysis was also conducted to determine the maximum yield strength.
The MOKAI watercraft comes with a complete bow to stern warranty protection for 2 years. Being a factory direct company, you might have reservations about our ability to address service issues. We designed the MOKAI with unique modular design so all major systems can be removed from the boat in less than a minute, allowing for trouble free service in the field. A call to our factory is the first step. A trained representative will work with you to trouble shoot any issue you may be having. A course of action will be determined, which will either be for MOKAI to send out replacement parts for customer installation or for the customer to return to us the defective component for repair or replacement. Our service team has a 24 hr turn around. This means that warranty or service issues are on the bench and out the same day as received. If we can not correct the issue a new component will be sent.
We stand behind our product 100% and are committed to maintaining happy customers.