The Withings WiFi Smart BodyScale is pretty amazing all by itself. It is good looking, thin, and super functional. The Withings Bodyscale automatically monitors your objectives and progress and can wirelessly share this data with your iPhone, iPad, Android device, or computer. A cool feature is that the scale can have multiple users (up to 8), with different objectives/goals, and will automatically recognize each user. As if that wasn’t enough it monitors weight, fat mass, muscle percentage, and BMI.
- High-tech, user-friendly body-scale that measures the weight, fat mass, and BMI of up to 8 users
- Connects to the Internet to graph weight charts you access anytime from your mobile device or web browser
- Free iPhone, iPad and Android Applications
- Integrated with over 40 e-health & e-fitness services such as Runkeeper or Weightbot
- Graduation 0.2 lbs (0.1 kg) – 4 sensors, maximum weight 396 lbs (180 kg)
- Body analysis (fat mass, lean mass and bmi)
- Easy weight and fat mass monitoring on a private website secured by a password
- Free iphone application to monitor your weight and fat mass
- Personalized multi-user monitoring thanks to an automatic user recognition (up to 8 users)
Add all that goodness and the recent integration with BodyMedia’s FIT Armband system and you have a pretty powerful home health gadget.
The Withings WiFi Scale measures a user’s body weight, lean and fat mass, and calculates body mass index (BMI) and automatically transmits the data to a secure personal webpage using the built in WiFi. The data can be accessed from any Internet connected device or the free Withings smartphone application. The scale can track eight users and, if desired, automatically tweet or update the user’s Facebook status with the details of the latest weigh-in to generate support for the user’s weight loss efforts from Twitter followers or Facebook friends. By using the WiFi Scale, users can see a graphical representation of users’ journeys in attaining their health goals.
BodyMedia FIT armbands collect physiological data from the human body using four unique sensors that capture over 5,000 data readings every minute. This raw data includes measurements of heat flux, skin temperature, motion and galvanic skin response. BodyMedia’s proprietary algorithms convert these readings to accurately capture key areas that directly affect people’s health and wellness: calorie burn, physical activity duration, steps taken, and sleep duration and efficiency. The data is then stored on each user’s online Activity Manager, where it is available at any time via a computer or smartphone to help manage and track fitness and weight loss progress.
“Partnering with Withings will make it easier for BodyMedia armband users to log their weight information in our software,” said Christine Robins, CEO of BodyMedia. “Being able to track your weight over time is a true motivator and indicator of when you’re heading in the right or wrong direction for your goals, and now Withings makes this step simple.”