After spending some time on the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike… I sorta fell in love. This single speed folding bike, with coaster brake, is simply a joy to ride. Something about the simplicity, no gears (?), makes riding the Speed Uno such a blast. I spent more time enjoying the scenery, and ride, than thinking about the bike. That is the way it supposed to be… right? Read on for the full Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike Review.
One of the first things I noticed while reviewing the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike was that there weren’t any fancy components or extras. This turns out to be a good thing because you don’t need them. You simply fold/unfold (takes just 10 seconds) the bike and get to riding.
The gearing is exactly where I like it and manages well on flat ground as well as mild hills. You get a standard coaster brake for the rear wheel. Using the coaster brake made me feel like a kid again.
- Folding single-speed bike with rear coaster brake
- Perfect for urban commuting on relatively flat streets
- Cool magnetic latching system holds bike together when folded
- Lightweight chromoly frame weighs 24.2 pounds
- 230-pound max weight; measures 11.7 x 30 x 25 inches folded
The best part… the bike only costs $399.