Whether you are stocking your bug-out bag or just want a great all-around flashlight for home and trail useâ€¦ you may want to check out the ZebraLight H502. Read on for the full review of the Zebralight H502 Flood Headlamp.
First thing you will notice with the H502 (H502d, H502c, H502) is that it that the light doesnâ€™t come out of the top of the flashlight. The light is directed out at a 90-degree angle. This allows you to use it as a headlamp (with the included strap), a standard flashlight, or clipped on your belt (removable steel clip included). The fact that the light is a flood lamp style makes it perfect for trail walking or around the house. When trail walking I like to clip it on my belt, as opposed to using it as a headlamp, this keeps bugs from flying towards the light and ultimately ending up in my mouth. Doesnâ€™t happen as much when the light source is attached at the belt level. This 90-degree design is also handy around the house. If you are working on a project and need a flashlight it is easy to set it down on end, and unlike a standard flashlight it wonâ€™t shoot the beam to the ceiling.
– Record breaking 260Lm ANSI from one AA Eneloop (more output with Energizer L91 lithium)
– Record breaking 3 months runtime at min output (longer runtime with Energizer L91 lithium)
– All levels are current regulated.
– Battery capacity indicator (LED flashes 1-4 times. 4 short clicks to start)
– Low battery alert when the light is switched Off (LED flashes every 80 seconds if the battery voltage is below 1.06V)
– Programmable M2 and L2
– LED driver circuits sealed completely from the battery chamber
– Unibody design (improved from the H501, similar to the H51)
-Recessed switch (improved from the H51 and H501)
– 11 mm shorter than the H51 and 7 gram lighter than the H51
– GITD ‘reflector”
The ZebraLight H502 is powered off of a single AA battery and is just barely bigger than the battery itself. There are three levels of brightness – low, medium, and high. You can expect the battery to last as follows:
- Low (100 lumens) â€“ 3.5 hours
- Medium (160 lumens) â€“ 2 hours
- High (260 lumens) â€“ 1 hour
In addition there is a strobe light feature as well. A cool surprise feature is the ring around the light element will glow in the dark after charged by the light being lit.
If you havenâ€™t used a flood lamp style flashlight beforeâ€¦ you will be in for a pleasant surprise. The light is super bright and throws a very nice wide pattern. Works for just about anything inside or outside the house and gives you the felling that the lights are on! All of this goodness can be yours for just $69 here.
Main Features and Specifications
LED: Cree XM-L Cool White (Nominal CCT 6300K)
User Selectable Levels: 3 main levels (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels or strobes.
- High: H1 260 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 160 Lm (1.9 hrs) / 100 Lm (3.3 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
- Medium: M1 50 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 25 Lm (12 hrs) / 12 Lm (27 hrs)
- Low: L1 2.7 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.34 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)
Light output are ANSI out the front (OTF) values. Runtime tests are done using Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries.
Operating Voltage Range: 0.7V – 2.5V
Battery: One 1.5V AA (NiMH, lithium or alkaline). 14500 Li-ion batteries are not supported. Batteries are not included in the package.
Parasitic Drain: Negligible (equivalent to 16 years)
- Flood, with 120 degree beam spread
- Diameter: 0.84 inch (21.3 mm)
- Length: 2.76 inch (70.1 mm)
1oz (29 gram)
- 2oz (55 gram) with an Eneloop AA
2.8 oz (78 gram) with an Eneloop AA and headband
Electronic soft-touch switch, with a 200,000 cycle operating life
- Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels
Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade Alcoa aluminum bar stock
Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing, providing unblocked thermal paths to over 92% of the surface area.
- Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
- Tempered optical grade glass
- Battery power can be locked out by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
- Waterproof to IPX7 (2 meters, 30 minutes)