2013 Ford F250 Super Chief Tri-Flex Fuel Truck

Posted on Mar 1 2010 - 4:00pm by Craig

2013 Ford Super Chief

Looks like the design folks at Ford have been having a bit of fun.  Their latest concept the Ford Super Chief is a strange one, not sure if I like it, hate it, or love it.  Either way it is very unique.  The supercharged V10 engine claims to run on hydrogen, gasoline, or E85, only time will tell if this 2013 concept will become reality.  Read on for more pictures, videos, and details.

Ford Super Chief2013 Ford F250Ford Triflex Engine2013 Ford Super Chief

1. Thur March 23, 2010 at 7:56 am -

Everything is killer except the tailgate. A tailgate MUST be hinged at the bottom NO exceptions. Do I have to tell you why?
    Admittedly I still miss the rattle of the tailgate chain latches.

2. Doug House April 1, 2010 at 5:10 am -

Please do not force this style on South Texas Ranchers. Many of us use Ford trucks to get our work done. while comfort and accessories are welcome, the style of this truck is not so cool. If Chevy maintains a more traditional look than this, they may win out – I hate to say. So… to keep everyone happy can you market this truck to the “Urban Cowboys” and keep a more conventional model available for those of us who actually use a Ford Truck for what it can do in the country?
    Thanks,
    -djh

3. Doug House April 1, 2010 at 5:11 am -

Don’t like it.

4. KD April 20, 2010 at 8:40 am -

God I F*ckin Love this truck

5. jim bob May 20, 2010 at 5:31 am -

holy mother fuckin shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I want ONE May 22, 2010 at 5:25 am -

LOVE IT

7. scott May 22, 2010 at 7:31 pm -

people lets keep trucks trucks this is not a pick up i can use to haul grain and live stock no thanks ford. i nead a real truck not what ever this is e 85 yes hydrogen yes
    body no

8. Storm June 14, 2010 at 3:50 pm -

Flex fuel, yes! However, could you make it in a ‘real’ truck. I can’t see how I can tow a 10,000 lb 5th wheel with this pretty thing. Rather useless on the horse farm too. So, how about catering to us folks who need innovation in a real working truck and not the urban cowboys.

9. jake June 16, 2010 at 7:08 am -

i love this truck!. right now we just got all new f150 fx4s for my construction company!
    it will be payd for in 2013 and if thease are out im buying them!
    please bring this truck out for 2013!

10. Glenda June 19, 2010 at 5:53 am -

Put a tailgate on this truck and we will buy 2 as soon as they are available! Damn…..

11. Hendrik July 13, 2010 at 5:40 pm -

To keep the “cowboys/girls” happy just make one for the boys in the city and the other one down to the bear for the boys in the fields……

12. Hendrik July 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm -

Just start making them and I will be one of the first to roll…

13. andrew July 19, 2010 at 4:49 pm -

best truck i have ever seen and if yuo can’t use that as a truck then you shouldn’t drive a truck shes a beauty

14. colton July 28, 2010 at 6:46 pm -

very nice,and supper sharp.if you watch the video you’ll see it does have a tailgate it slides out.love the truck

15. Wilson September 19, 2010 at 5:38 pm -

Like it a lot, enjoy innovation and the fact that there are plenty of work trucks out there and they still come up with emboldening milestones like this. More trucks like this and like the rest of the Ford series.

16. James September 28, 2010 at 7:12 pm -

I am all for the flex fuel, however you won the market with the 08 models and the 2011 models are awesome. Don’t ruin the name of the Super Duty with this 2013 Concept. It looks like a space ship, not a truck.

17. skytop September 29, 2010 at 12:32 pm -

You can buy a house for what this Pretty boy will cost.
    No doubt this truck was designed by California Beach boys, showing their commercials running thru the mud flats with their perfect looking sun tanned squeeze models:
    I would bet none of them have never shoveled and hauled a load of cow manure in their lives: If they had to load that truck with a load of grain for the back forty they would have to take a week off from work:
    This is not a working truck for the working man, it is a toy for the Unban cowboy who dreams of being a working man>
    The deep snows we have here in VERmont will beat it to shit in 2 years.
    Get real ford: Spend more time on ENDURANCE, LOW Maintenance and FUEL ECONOMY::
    I have the money but I would not buy this Rig:
    Where in Hell would I find the fuel up here in these mountains::
    Bad Ideal::
    Suggestions to designers:: Talk to some truckers before you draw::

Skytop

18. joe October 26, 2010 at 6:14 am -

Hmmm let's see, I buy a truck this year before they lose sanity…. then in four years when they regain their sanity again I can get a new one,,. maybe….

19. Adam October 28, 2010 at 10:01 pm -

Funny part about what you guys who need “real” trucks are saying is…I’m pretty sure I read in an article about this truck somewhere (can’t seem to find it at the time being…conveniently :/), that this truck will actually OUT-PULL their current F-250 line. And that the back axle/suspension is designed to support more downward weight for horse-trailers or whatever else. Only issue that I can see is with the size of the bed. Which…really isn’t THAT much smaller than the current F-150 line, if at all especially considering the wheel wells protrude more than in this truck. Either way, $250,000 is expensive for a truck…so I don’t think they’re really marketing it for the farmer/rancher types anyway. Seeing as how even with ALL of the options the best F-350 you can get (King Ranch…good GOD those things are nice) is still less than $100,000. So I bet we don’t see those go away with the release of this truck. This is the “truck” answer to “supercars.”

20. Kat November 27, 2010 at 4:58 pm -

Yee Haww!! Cool looking!! But I’ll have to go rob a bank to get one…

21. John Paul November 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm -

Holy crap the truck is awesome. The truck has it all the power that ford has made its name on. But i dont see many people just walking in a dealership and paying out $250,000!
    My dad and i have loved ford forever but i dont ever seeing him or anyone paying out a boat load of cash to get there hands on one. Love the truck but not the price! You hear me ford love your trucks and cars but this time it is just to much money in this economy to just spend willy nilly. So work on the price!! 🙂

22. john fisher January 1, 2011 at 11:15 am -

dont like it, its not a truck, its a car that makes u think ur gettin a truck, its for a bunch of pussys, if ford was smart they make their f-150 piece of shit better

23. josh January 3, 2011 at 10:26 am -

the worst looking truck ever thats not a truck i will go with chevy 100% sorry ford chevy got you beat big time more power looks and last longer just because you sale more dont think you are better

24. Ted C January 3, 2011 at 10:41 am -

josh great job. Impressive how you can get so many typos in such a short paragraph. Spoken like a true Chevy fan.

25. Tucker January 3, 2011 at 11:35 am -

Ford all the way! None of that Government Motors crap for me… Sorry, but I lost all respect for Chevy when they became Obama’s bitch, and then crapped out that POS Volt.

26. Ted C January 3, 2011 at 11:40 am -

Tucker – totally agree. It makes me sick that our government is bailing out private industries on our dime.

27. josh January 4, 2011 at 12:54 pm -

true ford fan retarded dumb ***

28. josh January 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm -

you all need to go to youtube and look at the chevy pull that peace of **** 5.4l pussy truck chevy 100% no rust for me

29. josh January 4, 2011 at 12:59 pm -

ted c i can tell you the biggest ******* of them all one of them little for ***** keep your smart *** to your self

30. josh January 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm -

look at the stocks ford down 21% gm up payed off bailout for one billion in the hole ha

31. Ted C January 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm -

josh you are funny. I guess it is a good thing you love your Chevy so much since you are paying for it with your tax dollars. Big assumption that you work though. Enough personal stuff. Let’s keep it to trucks.

32. Ted C January 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm -

And your stock comment is the worst one yet. GM was bailed out and was able to forgive debt. Not exactly a fair comparison, but I won’t buy anything from a company that took bailouts.

33. josh January 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm -

ok trucks im a chevy guy but i will still buy ford rather than dodge or toyota

34. Jeff January 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm -

Ive been a die-hard Ford truck owner my whole life and for the most part I can say that Ive loved everything about them all the way. Ive owned 7 in my 23 years but if this is what Ford trucks are going to turn into I dont think I could ever bring myself to buy (a new) one ever again. At least for now Ford makes their own diesel which is more powerful and efficient than the Japanese DuraCrap 6.6L that Chevy has.

35. rico January 29, 2011 at 7:02 pm -

i dont care what anyone have to say bad about FORD they r true haters if they wanna say something bad about what FORD is doing, you guys are at FORD MOTOR CO> is doing big things keep up they good work, i barely can afford the ford that i have now but lord knows if i could, i would buy every type of ford i can get my hands on. ive been a FORD fan as long as i can remember , or if i can say spell FORD , NOONE can be like FORD no matter what anyone say. tellem FORD dont hate us get like us….. bring that truck ouuuut , i might not can buy one but i would like to see one on u.s , highways,

36. dsmiley March 5, 2011 at 7:15 am -

this truck is sweet hope i can get as my car lol

37. noah March 29, 2011 at 6:46 pm -

You cant call that thing a truck a truck is somthing with balls! can that thing even cary itself around more or less tow a 5th wheel. Still rather by it than a chevy! But then again those new chevy diesels are the shit, but then again its a chevy!

38. noah March 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm -

wow it cost that much well im going to chevy now unless ill buy 2011 models my whole life!!!

39. Cliff April 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm -

I think this truck is beautiful. If it really can run on 3 different fuels it will be a true winner

40. Bobs April 17, 2011 at 4:52 am -

Na3rGs Tucoohdwn! That’s a really cool way of putting it!

41. hendo May 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm -

well, it has a small bed, that is a major drawback. I don’t care for the stile, but then again what working man cares what his car looks like. on the plus side, you can retrofit an o2 hydrogen take to make your own fuel out of water. never have to pay for gas again. just have to figure out a way to ionize the molecules. not really hard.

42. tundra power May 23, 2011 at 11:28 pm -

Ted c. I agree with you. Josh you’re dumb. Please for all man kind just punch yourself in the sack a couple of times.

43. tundra power May 23, 2011 at 11:32 pm -

Oh by the way, Ford, the interior of the Super Chief is damn sexy. I mean wow!

44. LoboSolo June 11, 2011 at 11:35 am -

That is a small bed. I actually use the full-sized bed in my F250. But then, it’s a work truck and the diesel engine gets good mileage.

Does is use M85 as well (methanol) and natural gas? Methanol is cheaper per BTU than gasoline without a subsidy and I can find natural gas … Where the heck does on buy hydrogen? Does it come with a separate fuel tank?

45. Truck Guy July 16, 2011 at 11:20 am -

They need to put a real tailgate on it. Bigger bed and and a receiver hitch on the bumper. Other than that I love it but would not pay $250,000 for it.

46. EJ July 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm -

I say put it on the market ASAP and they will sale like hot cakes!!! For the cowboys that disagree, i do belive that there is a lot more city slickers than busines men out there that would flood the market to buy one!!! Just saying!!!!

47. EJ July 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm -

Sorry, i ment to say AND BUSINES MEN!!!

48. brose July 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm -

Totally agree with you EJ. Big money will chase this sweet Ford Super Chief!

49. leticia August 15, 2011 at 1:16 pm -

olha eu achei esse carro irado e o carro mais bonito que eu já vi

50. Jim August 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm -

Will they all have a Super Charger or will there be more than one configuration and different size engines? I love it the way it is but like everything else, this modle is probably going to be a bit more expensive than the standard F250, i.e. King Ranch modle or like the name suggest, Super Chief, one modle higher than the King Ranch and I would think probably not less than 65K