Waterproof Uberness that is the DryCase

Posted on Jul 30 2009 - 9:38am by Craig

DryCase

Since I am hopelessly addicted to my iPhone I am always on the lookout for gadgets that would let me get the most out of it. I came across a cool new gadget called the DryCase, which lets me take my iPhone underwater! It’s a nifty waterproof case that fits my iPhone perfectly. The DryCase is totally transparent, so not only I can see the screen perfectly, but I can also use the camera feature. It also comes with an armband, which happens to be buoyant, a great locking mechanism that creates a waterproof seal, an air pump that lets you suck the excess air out of the case, and a headphone and microphone jack that connects to your waterproof headphones (not included). By the way, even if you do not own an iPhone, the DryCase can be used with other mp3 players and even portable cameras. All in all, a pretty useful and well made gadget!

1. Invicta August 1, 2009 at 5:16 pm -

Funny picture. Can you actually talk on the phone through the plastic?

2. Bewb Hunter August 2, 2009 at 10:25 am -

She is blond, so I guess she really can talk through the plastic. To be fair, all the waterproof cases that I have seen for the the iPod are goofy. At least this one seems to be well made. I wonder, if getting the jack wet, shorts or drains the gizmo inside…

3. Brooke August 4, 2009 at 8:26 am -

I actually just got one of these from a surf shop in town and i love it! I use it like a mini pocketbook when I go to the beach. I put my phone, ID, and money in it. I was really surprised that it actually worked and that I could talk through the plastic.

4. Maggie August 4, 2009 at 12:55 pm -

I got one too from drycase.com , actually I just ordered another one for my boyfriend and a pair of waterproof headphones that they sell too. Sometimes I have to put my phone on speaker phone while under the seal to talk but it still works really great.

5. Burberry Chav August 5, 2009 at 12:49 pm -

Oi, yo kin’t talk though plastix, das just physix innit!

6. Brian August 6, 2009 at 4:11 pm -

well, I never used ‘Drycase’ one, but tried similar product.
    basically you can talk thru plastic. you could hear something when it is vibrating, so you could talk or hear thru plastic unless the pool is crazy noisy.

7. Andrew August 7, 2009 at 4:04 am -

One thing I like about drycase is that I can leave my phone in it’s hard case and put it in the drycase.

8. Joe December 6, 2010 at 10:39 am -

HoLiDaY SpEcIaL!!! DryCASE is having a holiday special on our waterproof iPad and iPhone cases and all of our other products! 20% off when you enter the limited time discount code: DRY2010