Fitbit Activity Monitor – Watches Your Every Move

Posted on Oct 1 2009 - 8:56am by Russ

Fitbit Activity Monitor

The Fitbit is like a pedometer on steroids.  You clip it to your clothes and it counts your steps, records distance traveled, and counts calories burned.  The best part… it even counts how inactive you are by recording how long you sleep, etc.  When you get close to the base station it will upload the data for detailed analysis.

More details and video after the break.

The Fitbit accurately tracks your calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. The Fitbit contains a 3D motion sensor like the one found in the Nintendo Wii. The Fitbit tracks your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities.

You can wear the Fitbit on your waist, in your pocket or on undergarments. At night, you can wear the Fitbit clipped to the included wristband in order to track your sleep. Anytime you walk by the included wireless base station, data from your Fitbit is silently uploaded in the background to Fitbit.com

You can read the FAQ or the short product manual to learn more.

Wear Fitbit all day long…

You can wear the Fitbit Tracker loosely in your pocket, clipped to your pants, shirt, bra or to your wrist when you are sleeping. You can wear it all day!

Sync Fitbit with your PC

Walk within 15ft of the provided base station and your data will be automatically uploaded to the Fitbit website.

View online

Login to the Fitbit website to see detailed data and also participate in collaborative fitness goals with friends, family and co-workers.

1. Donnie Evertsen December 19, 2009 at 2:39 pm -

Thanks for this article, very interesting. I did a lot of research before I bought a system for my geocaching. It is such a relaxing hobby. What receiver do you use?

2. Melvin Lucien December 28, 2009 at 9:22 pm -

Comfortably, the article is actually the freshest on this valuable topic. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Saying thanks will not just be adequate, for the extraordinary lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Solid work and much success in your business dealings!

3. Michale Turkasz January 29, 2010 at 10:47 am -

Blogroll links aint that great 😛 but i am not the admin… 😛 … Just Telling 😛

4. Jewell Routh March 14, 2010 at 8:14 am -

I really liked your post and I will really say that the last post posted about this topic explained everything. And this post is really a booster. I will say that the starter of this post was really in need of this information and so was I, I did search for this topic, but bang you people posted about this. Thanks all for posting this thread and really making valuable contribution. It really will help me and the post starter as well!

5. Jermaine Panich April 21, 2010 at 4:05 am -

Very interesting post thanks for writing it I just added your website to my favorites and will be back.