GoPro Hero3+

Posted on Oct 1 2013 - 12:31pm by Gadget King

GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition

Let me start off by saying that I am a bit of a GoPro power user. We are about 30 days deep on our US road trip and have 4 GoPro Hero cameras (two Hero2 and two Hero3) in the car at all times. We even have one that rides shotgun on our  DJI Phantom Quadcopter.  So when I heard that GoPro launched their new Hero3+ camera my interest was peaked.

The GoPro Hero3+ is 20% smaller and lighter, has a 30% improved battery life, an improved lens, and new video capture modes.  I hope they have managed to improve the wireless remote functionality, because frankly it sucks bad.  We turn our GoPro Hero cameras on/off every time we get in/out of the car via the GoPro wireless remote and it works about 20% of the time.  The other 80% of the time we have to pull out the batteries and/or turn the wireless setting off and back on.  Lame.  And yes, this is with the latest GoPro firmware.  Also, be prepared to buy all new cases, etc…

Back to the Hero3+ details.  You also get 4x faster Wi-Fi connectivity for quicker video transfers to your smartphone via the GoPro App.  Additionally they have added SuperView which is a new video mode for extra cool wide-angle shots.  The new lens claims improved image quality.  All this in the GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition for $399.99.

 

Leave A Response