Over the years I have bought some of the cheap stud finders and have been frustrated at the performance. Sure, they sorta work, but more often then not they beep and show ghost studs from time to time. Frustrating at best. Investing in good tools, especially if you plan on using them more than once, is important. In the case of the stud finders, the Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 is one of the best.
The ProSensor 710 Stud Finder has an innovative stud sensing technology that scans the wall in thirteen locations at the same time. This means that you can see multiple studs at the same time.
- Advanced Multi-Sense Technology senses the wall in multiple locations simultaneously and uses data from many readings to accurately determine the position of studs, operates effectively even through difficult architectural construction features (such as wall and ceiling textures, uneven plaster thickness, uneven paint, and difficult wallpaper, thick walls, etc.) that can cause other detectors to fail.
- Bright LEDs lights illuminate to indicate the position of hidden objects – making it very easy to visualize the position of studs.
- The only stud finder available that does not require swipes across a wall to determine the location of studs, so that the readings are immediately accurate.
- Identifies the width of hidden objects so that you not only know the position of hidden objects, but so you also know the size of them.
- Can identify the position of multiple studs simultaneously. This is particularly useful for when there might be two or more studs in close proximity, which can often confuse conventional stud finders.
- The ProSensor 710 has more sensor pad area than conventional stud finders and can sense more accurately through many real-world architectural features such as texturing, uneven plaster thickness, uneven paint, difficult wallpaper patterns, etc.
- Deep Scanning is always active (up to 1.5″).
- The ProSensor 710 can be initialized at any position along a surface.
- Ergonomic soft grip.