Electric bikes continue to evolve and find their way. From throttle controlled to pedal assisted there is something for everyone. Price points, batteries, motors, and component options mean that prices are all over the price. The Sur-Ron (LightBee) is just $3,500. If you have been following the electric dirt bike market you know that this price is pretty hard to beat There is a $150 pedal option, but is more of an electric motorcycle aimed squarely at the 80cc dirt bikes.
The Sur Ron is perfect for having a blast while not assaulting your ears or annoying your neighbors. It makes the normal “electric” noises but compared to a two-stroke motorcycle it is positively whisper quiet. The Sur-Ron weighs in at just 110 lbs, has a 6-kW (8 hp) mid-drive axial-flux motor, 200 Nm of torque at the rear wheel, and a single-speed powertrain.
The battery pack is removable (and lockable) and is made up of 176 Panasonic 18650 cells for a total of 33 Ah at 60 volts. Wheels are 19-inches with four-piston hydraulic brakes with Intersect TR shocks and Fastace forks. These parts are more like heavy duty mountain bike parts than actual dirt bike parts but they do help to keep weight down. Speaking of weight, the frame is a forged aluminum cradle style that weighs 17.2 lbs.
More pictures, videos, and specs after the break.
- High Torque Mid Drive with 6000w peak power
- Single speed, no transmission or clutch
- 45mph top speed
- Removable 60v 33ah Panasonic Battery
- Custom Dashboard
- USB charger
- 110 pounds
- Limited availability in 3 colors (black, white, and gray) please give us a your 1st 2nd and 3rd top choices in order notes
- 176 Panasonic 18650 cells – 60v 32ah
- 2000 watt hour battery for gigantic range and power
- Quality 10 amp 60v charger includer charges in 3 hours
- Sand forged aluminum frame – lightweight and high strength
- Easy to operate with both standard and sport modes