The folks at iRobot make some pretty useful household robots. Most people are familiar with the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum cleaners which wander around your home cleaning in a crazy pattern. Another iRobot device that you may not be familiar with is the Looj gutter cleaning robot.
The Looj by iRobot basically runs down your rain gutter and cleans out the leaves and debris while you control it safely from the ground.
Read on for details about the 2nd Generation improvements on the Looj as well as a video showing it in action.
Let me start off by saying that the original Looj worked well… but iRobot listened to their customers and made the following improvements.
- The augur has been and looks quite different.
- The antenna is now internal and won’t grab gunk.
- The battery can now be accessed without tools.
- The robot moves slower so that it doesn’t miss as much gutter gunk.
- The price will start at $129 in the spring. You can get the original Looj for only $79.99 here.