At first glance this looks a tad confusing and complicated. It isn't. If you have ever spent time making your TV viewing room super tidy, you realize how frustrating it can be because you have to keep all of the bulky components out in the open. You can't hide your satellite box, cable box, or receiver because they need to be able to see your IR remote control. While there are plenty of solutions for this type of problem, this is the cleanest one I have seen yet.
Sewell has come out with a product named InjectIR which basically allows you to hide your components in a closet or piece of furniture. They accomplish the IR hand-off by sending the IR signal through your existing HDMI cable. Genius. The best part is that it costs less than $40 here.
- Transmit the IR Signal over the already installed HDMI cable
- Transfers IR where you need without losing any HDMI signal
- Compatible with 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Gold Plated HDMI Female to Male Adapter with IR Plug
- Accurate and reliable reproduction of digital video signal, with no signal attenuation or distortion
Watch a simple video of the Sewell InjectIR after the break.