I still think the JH Audio in-ear monitors are some of the best around. The only negative, other than the expensive price tag, is the fact that you have to visit an audiologist to get your ear canal molded. And sure, while this is a bit of an inconvenience it makes for the best fitting earphones.
If that is too much work for you, take a look at the Shure SE846. They have the same crystal clear transparent design which shows off the drivers and internal bits but use the more generic rubber ear canal inserts. The SE846 comes with detachable cables, quad HD micro drivers, customizable frequency response, and a real subwoofer. Shure states that SE846 block out up to 37dB of active ambient noise.
- Quad Hi-Definition MicroDrivers for extended high-end clarity.
- Patent-pending design includes a groundbreaking low-pass filter for a True Subwoofer performance.
- Adjustable sound signatures including balanced, warm or bright.
- Sound Isolating design blocking up to 37 dB of ambient noise.
- Detachable cable with Wireform Fit for unmatched personalization and comfort. Enables long product life.
- Crystal-clear housing allows a view of the precision-engineered, laser-etched components of the interior.