Tesla has been working on the Model X for quite a while now. In their effort to perfect the all-electric SUV they have had some long delays. Well the wait, for the early birds anyway, is over. The Tesla Model X (90D $132,000 or P90D $142,000) has started shipping. The performance or P90D model is insanely fast at getting from 0-60mph in just 3.2 seconds with a 155mph top speed. Faster than many supercars.
The launch video starts off a bit slow but highlights some amazing features in true Apple fashion. It is worth a watch. Some notable features include –
- Falcon Wing rear doors that have sonar so they don’t hit things. They can open with very little room unlike traditional vehicle doors.
- Seating for seven adults with 2nd row seating that has storage room underneath and tilt forward for 3rd row access.
- An off-the-charts safety rating. Safest SUV available in fact.
- Autonomous capabilities. Just waiting for the government to play catch up on this one.
- A high end 560-watt 17-speaker sound system.
- A huge panoramic windshield that extends higher than most for a unique helicopter like viewing experience.