I was always told that if you plan for A, B, and C that D will be the one that blindsides you. I think this theory was supposed to tell me not to worry. I think it backfired, I took it that I should be ready for as much as possible. Do you have a buyout bag or survival kit in your vehicle? You should. It is a cheap insurance plan for when things go sideways.
This Emergency Survival Kit ($24) is not only inexpensive but it is in all neatly tucked inside of a plastic pelican style case. So what do you get for just $24?
Emergency Survival Kit Contents:
- Credit Card Multitool – can opener, bottle opener, 4-position wrench, 2-position wrench, butterfly screw wrench, ancillary wrench, screwdriver, knife edge, saw blade, ruler
- Flintstone fire starter and bottle opener
- Tactical pen – tungsten steel, window/glass breaker, ink pen
- Flashlight – zoomable, runs on a single AA battery for hours, (high, low, strobe)
- Emergency thermal blanket
- Multifunction compass
- Portable mini light
- Cold Steel knife
- Saber card
- Waterproof case