The Apple computer of easy to fly quadcopters, DJI, is planning on releasing this new
drone copter On 1/23/18 but somehow it snuck out a day early. Again, just like Apple. Wink wink.
This little guy looks like a hybrid between a Mavic Pro and a Spark and is named the Mavic Air. Specs for the DJI Mavic Air include a 32-megapixel camera, a 3-way gimbal, 4k video capture, and a panorama mode. Gesture control and obstacle avoidance are still included. Flight time is expected to be about 21-mintues and comes in black, red, and white.
- A 32-megapixel camera with panorama mode
- 1/2.3 CMOS sensor and new ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- 4K video spec @ 60fps
- 3-way gimbal (upgrade from 2-way on Spark)
- Four foldable legs like the current Mavic Pro
- Obstacle-avoidance sensors in the front, bottom, and back
- Equipped with a VPS – Visual Positioning System for better control, hovering and indoor flying
- Gesture control
- 21-minute flight time
- It will be available in different matte colors: white, black and red we’ve seen so far
- Compatible with DJI Goggles