Off Road Electric Skateboard – 30MPH!

Posted on Oct 8 2008 - 9:04am by gchoe

Rugged Offroad electric skateboard

The Boom Borda 2 (lame name) is similar in size to a regular skateboard but looks like a monster truck version with huge tires and a beefy chain drive.  Not cheap at just over $900… for that price you may want to wait for the Tata Nano.

Weighing 50-pounds, the 800w motor-equipped Boom Borda 2 Chainsaw Pro is powered by a 12Ah Lithium battery that’s good for 18-miles when fully charged. Other features include: a fully progressive throttle, ABS-style brakes, chrome finish bumpers, digital trigger, and a twin LED night torch lighting system.

Boom Borda 2 Boom Borda 2

[Source]

1. skepticPete October 9, 2008 at 8:51 pm -

Now that could make me rethink my commute options. Cheaper and cooler than a Segway for getting to and from the train.

2. SegwayHata October 13, 2008 at 9:12 am -

“cooler than a Segway”
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMFG! you mean it’s EVEN cooler than a Segway?!?!?!?! Sorry, just find it funny seeing the “cool” bar set so low. Anyone riding a Segway looks like a total tool.

3. Vincent October 23, 2008 at 2:04 pm -

This guy from skatelectric is not honest !

4. mljones November 5, 2008 at 7:25 pm -

I WONDER IF THIS BOARD IS FULLY SEALED.
    WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU TAKE IT THROUGH A TRUCK RUT WITH WATER, OR BETTER YET A MUD HOLE. I WANT TO CHUNK SOME TATERS.

5. Rrobinson July 23, 2009 at 4:38 pm -

What’s the price friend has 1 they r sweet

6. Rrobinson July 23, 2009 at 4:39 pm -

Over 900 bull

7. Matthew Bryers December 29, 2009 at 8:36 am -

I have the E-Glide A/T Off-road Electric Skateboard:

I’ve used in off-road and have gone through fairly shallow puddles and have not had a problem.

It is one of my favorite things to do! I have a high-anxiety dog that needs a lot of exercise. She sees me take the board out and gets excited!

Everything is sealed really well and the guys at E-glide have been very helpful.

My only suggestion is that when buying one of these things, go American.

8. sam November 21, 2010 at 4:04 pm -

they cost 149 pounds on the rokit science website

9. Nick February 14, 2012 at 1:56 am -

eglide suck stupid wired boards haha